Financial Markets Perspective and Relief Programs
The history of the financial markets can tell us one thing for certain: Volatility is a normal part of investing. We’re here to help you understand what that means and what you can do to stay on track for retirement. Explore the resources below to get started.
A few reminders:
- Consider staying invested instead of trying to time the market.
- Keeping portfolios diversified can help soften negative impacts.
- Before making investment changes, consider your risk tolerance and how long before you retire and need access to the funds.
Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against loss.
Market Volatility Resources
- Going Viral – The markets’ reaction to the coronavirus
- Game Plan For Managing Market Volatility
- Managing your investment portfolio during volatile times
- Be Patient, Be Brave
- Earthquakes and Aftershocks
- Empower Retirement CEO Edmund F. Murphy III joins CNBC’s ‘Power Lunch’
- The value of long-term investing in a volatile market English / Spanish
About Empower Retirement
Headquartered in metro Denver, Empower Retirement administers $656 billion in assets for approximately 9.7 million retirement plan participants, as of May 31, 2020. It is the nation’s second-largest retirement plan record keeper by total participants, according to Pensions & Investments, April 2019. Empower serves all segments of the employer-sponsored retirement plan market: government 457 plans; small, midsize and large corporate 401 (k) clients; non-profit 403 (b) entities; private-label recordkeeping clients; and Individual Retirement Account customers. For more news and thought leadership, please visit Empower-Retirement or follow us @EmpowerToday.
To learn more about how we’re empowering plan sponsors and their participants to be more engaged in their retirement plans than ever before, call us at 800-719-9914.